Saturday, June 6, 2009

Treasures to be had at the Gem Show




I found out there was a Gem Show happening in Santa Barbara and invited my sister in law, Netty, to go with me for a fun day of shopping (till you drop) , eating (Indian food) and laughing (I always have fun with Netty :).  The two of us had a blast looking at all the beautiful gemstones, pearls, beads, findings and beautiful things. I think we were in the building for 4 hours (maybe more, who keeps track?)  I had so much fun learning about all the different stones from all over the world.  A few of my favorites are Garnets, Apatite, Peruvian Blue Opal, Chrysocolla, Smoky quartz, Labradorite, Iolite and the list goes on.  Now, I need to take my treasures and get make some jewelry.
  

1 comment:

Leanne Barker said...

those beads are beautiful! miss ya Vanessa!