Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Different kind of Valentine


This Valentine's Day I didn't get a box of chocolates or flowers.  There wasn't a silly stuffed animal in pink of red holding a heart and singing songs or a frou frou card to say, "I love you!".  It's not that I have anything against those things....I just happen to be a practical gal and didn't get any of those things for him.  Tonight the  bank teller asked, "Do you have any Valentine's plans?"
I kindly replied, "No, I'll be at Awana's tonight with 2 of my kids." : )

And as I drove away and headed to the post office to send off our adoption fingerprints to the FBI and his passport renewal I got a big smile and thought of the wonderful Valentine's gift my husband is.  Here is a man who is taking this journey of adoption again and this time half way across the world.  Here is a man who truly loves God and has taken such wonderful care of me and my children.

Happy Valentines Day, Chris!  and thanks for taking the silly picture above with me.

2 comments:

JessieBessie said...

I love the picture and I love this post. You guys rock!

Rebecca said...

Awwwwww.....